Johnson’s Pit – located off of Locker Street in Bayville, NJ
Coyle Field – located on Route 72 in Chatsworth, NJ
These sites are accessible only to registered PBMC Members and Guests due to AMA and club safety regulations. To become a member please contact the club. New members will receive a temporary membership card and should seek assistance from an experienced club member to get started off in the right direction at the flying field. The following safety rules shall be adhered to at all sites (pdf):
21 Locker Street
Bayville, NJ 08721
– The entrance to the flying site is locked and membership is required to gain access to the code. If the gates are open, visitors and quests are welcome.
– The site is located on an old concrete facility and the runway is set on a paved 700′ long roadway. The actual runway is 300′ long by 40′ wide.
– When entering the site, prior to crossing the paved runway, vehicles are required to stop and blow their horns. Once safe, you will be waved in by members on the site.
GPS Latitude – Deg. 39 Min 48 Sec 43 N
GPS Longitude – Deg. -74 Min. 25 Sec. 22 W
From the East:Take Rt. 72 West to between the 10 and 11 mile markers. Look for the gate on your left. The gate to our field is a small gate with a “stop” sign on it; if you reach the large gate (where the full-scale hangars are visible), you’ve gone too far.
Go through the gate (Please, lock it behind you!). Follow the road around, staying to the right at the fork. When you come out to the large opening, that’s the runway. Stay to the left side; the pits are ahead on your left. Please, be alert for model and full-scale traffic.
Coyle Field Rules
- Pilot and helper must be alert for full scale aircraft or helicopters, both fire and National Gaurd.
- Stay clear and land as soon as possible.
- At times field may be closed by Fire Service Personnel, Field Saftey Officer, or club officers durning fire emergencies or training activities.
- The State Fire Service hangar is straight out from the flight line. Please stay away from hangar area as helicopters take off and land from this area.