The Pine Barren Modelers fly at the following sites in the Southern New Jersey area:
Berkeley Veterans Flying Field – located across from the Berkeley Court House, Pinewald Keswick Road. UPDATE-Use of the Berkeley Veterans Field will be affected by an upcoming solar farm project. We recommend everyone fly at the Johnson’s Pit Field.
Johnson’s Pit Field – located off of Locker Street in Bayville, NJ. Behind the Spirits Liquor on RT.9
Coyle Field – located on Route 72 near Chatsworth, NJ
These sites are accessible only to registered PBMC Members due to AMA and club safety regulations. To become a member please contact the club. New members will receive a temporary membership card and should seek assistance from an experienced club member to get started off in the right direction at the flying field.
Visitors and guests are welcome but must be accompanied by an active member
The following safety rules shall be adhered to at all sites (pdf):
Berkeley Veterans Flying Field
GPS Latitude: 39.9056493
GPS Longitude: -74.2332603
– Entrance is passed Bus entrance and before Recycling Center going West (look for flagpole on left)
– Entrance is passed Recycling Center and before Bus entrance going East (look for flagpole on right)
– Go through the gates and follow road (pass gas pumps) until you have to make a turn
– Make a right and follow road (if there are cones, go through cones on left)
– Go right and follow road until you come to cement dividers (this is the runway)
– STOP and blow horn, wait for member to wave you in.
– go past dividers when safe and make first left
– Follow road to parking lot.
– You may back vehicle to prep site to unload RC equipment
– You must return your vehicle to the parking area when finished unloading
– Members Only, a member must be on site for visitors and guests to fly.
Johnsons Pit Field
Johnson’s Pit – aka “Temp Field”
Locker Street behind Spirits Unlimited
Bayville, NJ 08721
Off RT.9 in Berkley Twp. Turn down Gladney Ave then make a right onto Locker ST. Go half way down and turn left into the gate. Follow signs for parking.
GPS Latitude: 39.930869
GPS Longitude: -74.181722
– The entrance to the flying site is locked and membership is required to gain access to the code. If the gates are open, visitors and quests are welcome.
– The site is located on an old concrete facility and the runway is set on a paved 700′ long roadway. The actual runway is 300′ long by 40′ wide.
– When entering the site, prior to crossing the paved runway, vehicles are required to stop and blow their horns. Once safe, you will be waved in by members on the site.
– NOTE: Last member to leave, please lock the gate by putting our lock through the townships lock (through link then the township lock, not link to link) The township must be able to access the area when needed.
-Live view of Temp Field. Hit play. Image will refresh every 30seconds if there is motion in view.
GPS Latitude: 39.8182516
GPS Longitude: -74.4246617
– From the East:Take Rt. 72 West to between the 10 and 11 mile markers.
-When you enter the field use the big double gate that is at the end of the Taxi way. (see pic above it is just before Smokey the Bear). It is the middle gate of the three. Don’t use the small gate with the stop sign or the big gate by the hangers. Be sure to CLOSE THE GATE behind you. Drive down the taxi way turn left at center and cross the runway. DON’T DRIVE DOWN THE RUNWAY. Park in front of the benches. Watch for Full Scale planes. When everyone leaves. The last person out MUST LOCK THE GATE behind you. Make sure our combo lock is in series on the chain to the State’s key lock. We are permitting members from other clubs at the field’s during the Covid-19 crisis, but only members are allowed the gate code. Remember it is the state that sets the rules at this field and we must abide by them. Fly Safe
Coyle Field Rules
- Pilot and helper must be alert for full scale aircraft or helicopters, both fire and National Gaurd.
- Stay clear and land as soon as possible.
- At times field may be closed by Fire Service Personnel, Field Saftey Officer, or club officers durning fire emergencies or training activities.
- The State Fire Service hangar is straight out from the flight line. Please stay away from hangar area as helicopters take off and land from this area.
Coyle Field Cam