We need volunteers to help with the cleanup of our events. We would like 3 people for each event to be available at 2pm on event day to help cleanup. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact an officer to help. Without these volunteers the event will be canceled.
- Public Open House at Johnson’s Pit(Temp Field) April 29th. 8am – 2pm. All are welcome, free food and refreshments available. Buddy box available to try out the hobby. No Charge. We invite all public in to grow the hobby.
- Funfly at Johnson’s Pit(Temp Field) June 17th. 8am – 2pm. Open to all RC fliers(AMA membership required). Electric, glow, and gas. No Turbines. $5.00 landing fee. Lunch will be extra. RC Plane Games.
- Annual Electric Water Funfly July 29th. 8am – 2pm. At Deerhead Lake, Forked River. Open to all RC fliers(AMA membership required). Electric only. $5.00 landing fee. Lunch and refreshments extra.
- Warbird Funfly. September 16th. 8am – 2pm. At Johnson’s Pit(Temp Field). Warbirds preferred. Open to all RC fliers(AMA membership required). Electric, glow, and gas. No Turbines. $5.00 landing fee. Lunch extra.
- Club Picnic at the Park. September 24th. 10am – 2pm. At Veterans Park, Bayville. Under the picnic pavilion. Open to all club members and friends/family. Free food and potluck. Electric only flying on the grass soccer field will be permitted.
- Fun Fly and Flea Market. October 7th. More info TBA.
- Night Flys and get togethers will happen through out the season. Keep an eye on the Facebook group and your email for announcements.
Officers for 2023 will be:
- President – Richard Bombardier
- Vice President – Dennis Spatcher
- Treasurer – Ralph Ferrara
- Secretary – Miki Bowne
- Safety Officer – Brandon Heeren
Penguin Day will be on Jan 1st at 9am at the Johnson’s Pit Field. Food will be served late morning. Burgers, dogs, chili. Feel free to bring something. This is an ALL WEATHER event…as is tradition. If you fly you get a penguin pin.
2022 Indoor Flying.
At the Central Regional Middle School in Bayville. See dates and times below. Use the map below GPS App’s are wrong.
- December 2nd and 9th 7:00 – 9:30PM
- December 16th and 23rd 6:00 – 9:30PM
- January 6th and 20th 7:00 – 9:30PM
- January 13th and 27th 6:00 – 9:30PM
- February 3rd and 10th 7:00 – 9:30PM
- February 17th and 24th 6:00 – 9:30PM
REMINDER – DUES ARE DUE BY JAN 1st. Renewal is $70.00 . Please talk to club Treasurer Ralph(email@example.com) or Dennis (firstname.lastname@example.org). Don’t forget we take Credit cards now, just let us know and we can email or TXT you an invoice.
Annual Christmas Party will be on December 10th 2022 at 6PM. —Date Updated.
We will again be at Calloway’s Restaurant in West Creek (597 Main St, West Creek, NJ 08092). Members and family/friends, $30 per person. We have a limit of about 44 people, so please RSVP and pay by the December meeting. We will have the choice of Prime Rib, Chicken, or Salmon. Also a 50/50 and Chinese Auction with items totaling between $500 – $600. PLEASE RSVP AT email@example.com or talk to Ralph or Dennis Spatcher
Annul Locker ST Cleanup has been rescheduled to Saturday 10/15/22 9:00am. Bring gloves, food and flying to follow. – Completed
We also want to congratulate new club member Gary Deal on winning the club raffle for an Aeroscout.
ATTENTION MEMBERS: We are changing the rules for student and novice pilots to improve the training experience and help people become more proficient while keeping wayward aircraft to a minimum. Going forward members that are currently only marked as Novice will need either an instructor or other experienced pilot to stand next to them and be a spotter. Student pilots not marked off will need an instructor to fly. Students can then transition to Novice as determined by an instructor to gain experience flying. After which they can move to experienced after doing the maneuvers in the Student Log book with an instructor. Please check the Member List and feel free to contact any instructor to make arrangements to meet at the fields or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Also most mornings on Saturday and/or Sunday at least one instructor should be at the Johnson’s Pit Field early till around 10 or 11am.
Congratulations to club member Joe Scarangello, is now our official club chef and cook.
New Events for 2022:
Public Open House at Johnson’s Pit(Temp Field) April 30th. All are welcome, free food and refreshments available. Buddy box available to try out the hobby. No Charge. We invite all public in to grow the hobby. -Completed
PIG ROAST. Members and Guests only. Johnson’s Pit(Temp Field) May 14th. -Canceled –
Pizza Night Flight June 4th, 5PM. -Completed
Funfly at Johnson’s Pit(Temp Field). Open to all RC fliers(AMA membership required). Electric, glow, and gas. No Turbines. $5.00 landing fee. Lunch will be extra. June 18th. -Completed
Annual Electric Water Funfly at Deerhead Lake, Forked River. Open to all RC fliers(AMA membership required). Electric only. $5.00 landing fee. Lunch and refreshments extra. July 30th. 8am to 3pm. -Completed
Warbird Funfly. Now at Johnson’s Pit(Temp Field). Warbirds preferred. Open to all RC fliers(AMA membership required). Electric, glow, and gas. No Turbines. $5.00 landing fee. Lunch extra. September 17th. -Completed
Annual Flea Market at Bayville VFW. Outdoor(sheltered space available), all RC products welcome. Pricing $10 a Table to Sell, $2 admission. October 8th.– Completed
We now accept payments for dues and club clothing using credit/debit cards via Square®. Contact email@example.com or club treasurer Ralph to make a payment.
Solar Charging at the Temp Field
Solar power charging station is now built and ready for both 12v DC and 120v AC chargers.
Thank You! To club member James King for donating batteries for us to use, and to club member Dennis Spatcher for building it. Also, shout out to everyone that helped.
Berkeley Field Renamed!
Our new flying field located in Berkeley Township across from the Berkeley Courthouse on Pinewald Keswick Road has a new name.
The Pine Barren Modelers RC Club in conjunction with the Veterans Of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 9503 and Berkeley Township has named the new RC airfield, “Berkeley Veterans Flying Field” in honor of all the brave men and women who have served our country, past , present and future.
UPDATE-Use of the Berkeley Veterans Field will be affected by an upcoming solar farm project. We recommend everyone fly at the Johnson’s Pit Field.